Monday, February 22, 2010
Five Rathas, Mahabalipuram
This as at the Five Rathas in Mahabalipuram. The carvings were made in about 600AD but only uncovered about a hundred years ago (or was it 200?) by the British. We were there during like twenty school trips and I have a bunch of photos of kids who'd introduced themselves to me, shook my hand, and demanded a photo. They were especially excited to know I'm from USA. Something about what they were doing was picking on me, but I don't get it. Luckily, they were all gathered to leave and we were left pretty much alone here for a few minutes. Check out the guy jumping off the main ratha, pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great photos! Daring jump. Cute kids. Kids will be kids!
aww they were picking on you?! hahaha so funny.
love the pictures!
although i think you should've taken a pic on top of one of the carvings and adam should've jumped off the main ratha!
full of adventure!
Post a Comment